Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tom for the Kansas City Gathering photo.

Below is an active Amtrak Station photo. It appears to be a classic station

from a previous era of train travel.

00irw3_zpsd05df423.jpg

Go for it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After a little Photoshop, I was able to read the 1912 and the New York, New Haven and Hartford abbreviation on the top of the building. That was a big hint that led me to Westerly.

I need to dig a bit, but I will have another Amtrak station picture by tomorrow evening. For now, here is a bonus station that does not meet the rules of the thread.

• It is an active rail station
  • It is not a current or former Amtrak station
I have a feeling this will be very difficult for most, but it may be very easy for a couple of you??? If no one gets it, I promise a bonafide photo tomorrow.

72d1c1828cbf2e1ded436df1ddc03b36.jpg

It rather looks like Chatham, NJ, but the stairway is in the wrong place.
That did not take long for a non Amtrak station. It is indeed Chatham, NJ. The photo is of the westbound station looking west. On the eastbound station, the stairs are at the end of the building. On the westbound side, the stairway is on the platform side of the building. Great job, and feel free to post.

This can be explained by the fact that I was the ticket agent there from 1995-98. Yes, that is the westbound side. It ticked me off big time when they part timed the job when I moved up the line to Convent. I last worked at the end if 2001 for NJT. There is still a part time agent there. I loved working those locations and some people referred to me as the mayor!

After a little Photoshop, I was able to read the 1912 and the New York, New Haven and Hartford abbreviation on the top of the building. That was a big hint that led me to Westerly.
I need to dig a bit, but I will have another Amtrak station picture by tomorrow evening. For now, here is a bonus station that does not meet the rules of the thread.

• It is an active rail station
  • It is not a current or former Amtrak station
I have a feeling this will be very difficult for most, but it may be very easy for a couple of you??? If no one gets it, I promise a bonafide photo tomorrow.

72d1c1828cbf2e1ded436df1ddc03b36.jpg

That is MY train station - Chatham, New Jersey!!

Greatcats was the ticket agent here in there 1980's!!

I know greatcats does not post photos, so here is a very easy inteiror shot of a real Amtrak station.

d3cc2ee208b4b685fbb3beeb32a1f12d.jpg

Chicago is certainly a very plausible guess, but unfortunately it is not a correct guess.

It is also not an artist's conception of a slightly upgraded Sanderson, TX.

NYP Club Acela

Edit - If I am correct, someone else may post a photo for me. I am unable to do so.

NYP Club Acela
Edit - If I am correct, someone else may post a photo for me. I am unable to do so.
Yes that is the correct lounge. With multiple guesses for Chicago, I want back to my lounge pictures just to be sure I had the right one :)

Anyone can post the next picture.

Latest posts

Back