Motel in MSP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJRACER

Service Attendant
Any recommendations for motels close by MSP train station....I was told about Days Inn there....anybody been there or anything else???

Yeah, stayed there numerous time when I did Trails & Rails on the EB from CHI-MSP... it's nothing special... but is close to the train station. They will either offer a van or pay for your taxi over there if you set things up in advance. At night, I'd do the van or taxi (4 blocks) because the neighborhood is a little shady... in the morning I'd always walk to the depot from the hotel. Days Inn... nothing fancy... even a little shady... but never felt unsafe really either.

Yeah, stayed there numerous time when I did Trails & Rails on the EB from CHI-MSP... it's nothing special... but is close to the train station. They will either offer a van or pay for your taxi over there if you set things up in advance. At night, I'd do the van or taxi (4 blocks) because the neighborhood is a little shady... in the morning I'd always walk to the depot from the hotel. Days Inn... nothing fancy... even a little shady... but never felt unsafe really either.
Thanx.....that was a quick reply. I just checked the web site...$72.00 plus taxes.

I've overnighted at the Days Inn also, and I really wasn't all that concerned. I'm a single female traveler, but I travel a great deal with my job, to a great deal of locations (some good, some not so good) so a hotel in a sketchy area I guess doesn't bother me. Of course, once I got into the hotel, I didn't go wandering around either. The hotel has, at least when I stayed there, a bar/lounge, so if you're there on a weekend night, be prepared for a bit of a loud crowd, but that was the only issue I really had. As mentioned earlier, it certainly isn't anything special, but I found it clean, the front desk staff very friendly, and the van driver very courteous and right on time to get me back to the train station in the morning. I'd certainly stay there again if I'm back up that way..

A couple of possibilities that somewhat nearby include the Country Inn in Roseville on Snelling Avenue and the Radisson which is off I35W. However, both are about a 10-15 minute cab ride away. The Country Inn does include a nice breakfast with your room cost and both the have an on-site restaurant.

If you want to be close the station, then the Days Inn is your best bet as others have mentioned.

Dan

Thanks everybody for the re-affirmation....I had looked at the reviews for the Days Inn and started to question my judgement about the place....but that where we will hang our hat for the night and then also on the night before we leave to come back east.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back