Metro-North Ridership Off

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
From the Lower Hudson Journal News:

Metro-North wary as ridership dips

"Railroad officials plan to look further into the trend to get more specific answers on why it's happening. But they said the struggling economy, with its job losses, was clearly to blame for the drop seen not just on Metro-North trains, but in other systems as well.

"'It's not just Metro-North,' [M-N assistant operations planner Jay] Fiegerman said. 'It's the whole region.'"

The article includes a video interview by a guy who looks like he could be Drew Carey's brother, and there's a text size change feature I don't recall seeing elsewhere on newspaper-type websites.

From the Lower Hudson Journal News:
Metro-North wary as ridership dips

"Railroad officials plan to look further into the trend to get more specific answers on why it's happening. But they said the struggling economy, with its job losses, was clearly to blame for the drop seen not just on Metro-North trains, but in other systems as well.

"'It's not just Metro-North,' [M-N assistant operations planner Jay] Fiegerman said. 'It's the whole region.'"

The article includes a video interview by a guy who looks like he could be Drew Carey's brother, and there's a text size change feature I don't recall seeing elsewhere on newspaper-type websites.
And AMTRAK ridership is up,especially on LD trains and theres a posting calling for more :"business" trains

and less Vacation or Tourist trains?? :lol: We cant even get our new light rail to work and were choking on traffic

here in Austin!

Gosh, I can't imagine why fewer commuters would be riding during a recession.

Oh, wait! Maybe it's because with losing their job, they have nowhere to commute! Duh.

Back