mbna shorts agr points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigval109

OBS Chief
Fellas check your statements for the past 2 months. MBNA has shorted people out of there points. It took me over 30 days to get a small correction and many phone calls. It appears that many other people have been shorted according to the customer service person. You might want to stay on top of this. AGR can do nothing to help you. The fault lines with MBNA.

I got shorted nearly 700 points last month. Haven't called them yet. How can they mess this up?!

Thanks for the heads up. I notice some missing points from my account as well.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Bank of America deal. Maybe their computers got screwed up while making the switch.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I checked and I was shorted 278 points in June, and 995 in July.

I'll be calling MBNA in the morning.

I thought my statement might have been wrong the last time. I can't remember how the points are awarded though. I used the card to book a couple trips in the spring. Are the points awarded each month upon paying on the balance? Also, is it a point per dollar exchange?

I thought my statement might have been wrong the last time. I can't remember how the points are awarded though. I used the card to book a couple trips in the spring. Are the points awarded each month upon paying on the balance? Also, is it a point per dollar exchange?
The points are awarded each month one point for each dollar. However two points are awarded for each dollar spent on amtrak travel. check your statements for accuracy.

Two points per dollar are awarded for Amtrak travel *only* if you have the Platinum Plus (or whatever it's called) card. If you have the standard card, it will only give you one point per dollar. [Note that this is in *addition* to the standard two-points-per-dollar-with-100-point-minimum credit for boarding an Amtrak train with your ticket].

They are awarded monthly, a few days after your account's statement closing date.

Same thing happened to me this month... I was shorted 997 points. I called MBNA last Monday, they took a statement from me, and told me someone would research the problem. All of the missing points were posted to my account just a few days later. Sounds like they are starting to get up to speed on this.

Same thing happened to me this month... I was shorted 997 points. I called MBNA last Monday, they took a statement from me, and told me someone would research the problem. All of the missing points were posted to my account just a few days later. Sounds like they are starting to get up to speed on this.
I finally received my missing points today. A lot of calls but finally I got my points.

Called today to get my points straightened out. When I called the first time, the MBNA guy said he had to transfer me to someone else who could take care of it, and then he transferred me to the "trip rewards" hotline. Wrong number, obviously.

I called back, and the person there said I had to handle it through Amtrak Guest Rewards. I called AGR, and the person on the line there said he'd transfer me to the credit card people, but he'd speak with their agent first to make sure he knew what form to fill out. The whole process (from the first call) took about 45 minutes, and nearly made me late for work this morning.

By the way, for those of you that have called (and called the MBNA number), did any of you notice that the credit card automated voice sounds an awful lot like Julie?

I finally received my missing points today. A lot of calls but finally I got my points.
The MBNA guy told me that the problem has existed for the months June, July, and August. I would stay on top of the problem. Hey we need our points.

Bigval, just wanted to say thanks for this thread - I'm not as good as I should be in checking my AGR point balance and sure enough, I was missing points too. Was able to get MBNA to investigate and looks like they did credit me the missing points, but only for my June statement. Suppose I'll have to start all over again to get Julys credit!

And Robert, if that's not "our" Julie on the MBNA phone system, it's her twin sister!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back