MARC Train hits Metro bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading the article, there was a fender bended between two buses, and one of them stopped with the back end not clear of the track. Why the first order of business was not get clear of the tracks is not explained. The last sentence in the article

The investigation continues as Metro engineers try to figure out exactly why the train was left on the tracks.
appears to be pure nonsense.

Reading the article, there was a fender bended between two buses, and one of them stopped with the back end not clear of the track. Why the first order of business was not get clear of the tracks is not explained. The last sentence in the article
The investigation continues as Metro engineers try to figure out exactly why the train was left on the tracks.
appears to be pure nonsense.
The story has apparently been fixed, as it now makes sense: it substitutes "bus" for "train" in the quoted sentence.

Wow, that story has been massively updated - when I posted, it said that the bus was somehow "stuck" on the tracks.

This story makes a lot more sense (although I agree that the bus operators should have made sure that they were clear of the tracks before anything else). I seriously doubt that the train was going 60 MPH at the point of impact and somehow got stopped in slightly more than a car length - is that possible?

Plus, the driver had time to get the 40 pax off the bus, but it never occurred to him to instead just move the bus forward 5 feet to get out of the way?

Back