Luggage Check in

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary

Train Attendant
How early can luggage be checked in? We will arrive in LAX around 10 am but our train does not leave until 6:45 pm. We would like to check the luggage and spend the day looking around the area.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary, I don't know anything about LAX or what time you can check in, but most major stations have lockers or storage rooms where you can leave your luggage for a few hours until you're ready to retrieve it.

How early can luggage be checked in? We will arrive in LAX around 10 am but our train does not leave until 6:45 pm. We would like to check the luggage and spend the day looking around the area.
Thanks,

Gary
The checked baggage counter opens at 5:45AM, closes at 10:30PM (according to amtrak.com). You will be able to check your bags when you arrive at LAX; the baggage area is through the waiting area, then to your left, through a doorway.

If you choose not to check your bags, but would prefer to store them until departure, I believe the fee is $3 per bag.

Enjoy your trip :)

Mike

If you need to pickup your tickets the day of travel at LAUS you can also check you bags at the ticket window which is on the opposite side of the small waiting area from the baggage room.

Be aware they weigh every bag to check for the 40 lbs limit. Very strict about it, now. for checked baggage.

If you need to pickup your tickets the day of travel at LAUS you can also check you bags at the ticket window which is on the opposite side of the small waiting area from the baggage room.
Be aware they weigh every bag to check for the 40 lbs limit. Very strict about it, now. for checked baggage.
50 pound limit, I believe.

50 pound limit, I believe.
You're correct - slip of the fingers on the key early in the AM!

Yes, you can check your bag as early as 10 am. There is no limit. Make sure your arrival station offers checked bag service as well. Otherwise you won't be able to check them in the baggage car. But you may still store them for a nominal fee.

Thanks to all.

We will check our bags when we arrive at the station then enjoy our day in LA before we head to Flagstaff.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back