LSL Delay - any info?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Train Attendant
**Just realized the LSL left late last night to accommodate all the poor folks coming in on the EB** I'm guessing that's the reason?

Just curious if anyone knows why today's LSL is running 2+hours late? Is it heat? Just trying to figure out if it's something that's likely to happen again tomorrow or if it's just a random issue. Thanks :)

We are currently on the CZ about 1:30 out of Chicago (we are running about 2 hours late). It's been a smooth ride and our SCA, Terrence, has been great. I've also enjoyed the announcements from Rob Pascoe (?) the lounge car attendant :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am on this train. We left at 11:20 from CHI. I believe the train was originally late because it came into CHI very late as the 49 and they needed time for servicing. That nicely coincided with holding the train for all the folks coming in off the 30 hour delayed #8(16).

Shortly after we left, I noticed that we had stopped and HEP went off. I got on the scanner and it turned out we mangled some sort of hose that was on the baggage car at the back. Something used for back up manuevers they said. We were stopped for maybe another 30ish minutes while they worked to secure the hose to the back of the train and restore HEP.

So those two things combined can easily make for a two hour late train.

I'm taking 49 westbound in coach tomorrow leaving from New York just to Chicago with my bicycle. My main worry isn't lateness so much but if I'll actually snag a window seat. Anyone know if its just hop on and choose or the Coach Attendant assigning them at Penn Station these days? If its hop on and choose I know I am virtually guaranteed one since the train is receive only up the Hudson and tons of seats never seemed to be filled until Albany.

I do know all the tricks of Penn Station, like it must leave from tracks 5, 6, 7, or 8 and to go down to the lower level to find another staircase down to the platform to avoid the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back