Looking for a travel agent-Sacramento

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbytony

Train Attendant
I am putting the final touches on a trip on the CZ boarding at Sacramento and going to Chicago. I will be flying to Sacramento from Vegas and arriving the night before my 11:09 AM departure.

I would like some advice from someone in the area that can recommend a decent hotel to stay at the night before my train leaves. Somewhere that it is convenient to get to the Amtrak Station from....

Not looking for anything too extravagant, just some place nice, clean and in a good neighborhood and has transportation from the Airport to the hotel.

I have NEVER been to California before let alone Sacramento......

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just in SAC about a month ago, and stayed in the Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza. http://www.sacramentohi.com/home.aspx It's pretty standard accommodations, but it's comfortable and clean. It's a couple of blocks from the station, and to Old Sacramento where the California State Railroad Museum is -- which is not to be missed.

My only complaint was that I arrived at 7 AM after getting off #11, and they wanted to charge me an extra day for checking in early. But I talked to a manager, and they didn't. This problem shouldn't affect you, anyway. I believe their standard check-in time is 3 PM.

I am putting the final touches on a trip on the CZ boarding at Sacramento and going to Chicago. I will be flying to Sacramento from Vegas and arriving the night before my 11:09 AM departure.

I would like some advice from someone in the area that can recommend a decent hotel to stay at the night before my train leaves. Somewhere that it is convenient to get to the Amtrak Station from....

Not looking for anything too extravagant, just some place nice, clean and in a good neighborhood and has transportation from the Airport to the hotel.

Thanks for any advice.
Holiday Inn has a shuttle from the airport. I have taken it several times and it's quite nice. Call them up to arrange a pick-up. The hotel is only a couple of blocks to Union Station. Easy walking distance. That's what I'd do.

The Holiday Inn as mentioned is at 3d and J streets two blocks south of the Amtrak Station. There is also the Vagabond Inn which is on the block between the station and the Holiday Inn. I believe they also offer airport transportation (I've seen the van in the parking lot before.) Those two are the closest hotels to Amtrak that provide airport transportation.

There are also the Best Western Sutter House at 11th and H Streets which is six blocks east of the station, the Citizen Hotel (10th and J), the Sheraton Grand (13th and J Streets) and the Hyatt (12th and L Streets) are the next closest and though none of them provide airport transportation the 42A from the airport stops at 10th and J Streets 75 feet from the Citizen's entrance and ends it's run in front of the Community Center theater at 13th and L Streets a very short distance from the Hyatt's door.

All of the above are in safe areas and The Citizen, Sheraton Grand and Hyatt are the three best hotels in the city so may be pricey.

Thanks for any advice.

Check out the rates at the Delta King Hotel. I am just saying check it out. Its an old river boat. I was suprised at the rates. However I cheked at somewhat off season.Its just behind the station,in Old Sacramento, a short walk. The plus you are near the California Railraod Museum .I dont know about airport pick up.

The Vaagabond Inn does provide shuttle service to/from the airport. I stayed there a couple of years ago and thought the accomodations were just fine and very convenient to the Amtrak station, the California Railway Museum, etc. Only problem was the drunk boyfriend and drunk girlfriend arguing outside my door at 1:00 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back