liquid soap

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cee

Train Attendant
i LOVE amtrak's liquid soap--smells like almond--tried to buy some that were like it--anyone else?

I like the Amsoap aroma too, but didn't know the smell was like almonds. I've occasionally encountered the same smell in liquid soaps at other public restrooms, but not sure I'd want the stuff (or the odor) for home use.

Only thing I can recall being described as smelling like almonds before is cyanide!

Last edited by a moderator:
It smells like the original Jergans lotion did back in the '50's. The first time I smelled Amtrak liquid soap, I had a rush of memories of my beloved grandma who love that lotion. It was advertised as "cherry almond scented".

LOL Guess I am not the only one! LOL I've washed my hands soo often to enjoy the scent!

I'd love to find what it is.

You're supposed to wash with it?
huh.gif
I always thought that bottle was the drinking fountain!
wacko.gif

Only thing I can recall being described as smelling like almonds before is cyanide!
Most people can't smell it - it is a bitter almond scent (cyanide). Your fact for the day :)

You can still buy the liquid Jergens soap in the cherry almond scent - it IS very nice!

Hydrogen Cyanide is or way hauled around by the tank car load. For a while the Illinois Central Gulf Employee Timetables had a lengthy paragraph or two concerning marking of these cars and handling of these things. There was also some instructions on dealing with these things in case of their involvement in derailment. It could be summed up fairly simply: Figure out the wind direction and run upwind. One of the sentences said something to the effect that, Hydrogen cyanide can be recognized by it characteristic bitter almond odor, which is however, of no value as a warning.

I don't know if it's the same soap I remember years ago, but if it's in those plastic bottles screwed down onto the sink, it is similar to that used on airliner's and I believe are manufactured for wholesale only by Celeste Industries. Web site here http://www.celestecorp.com/Flight_Luxe.html

I love the soap too, but I always have thought it has the scent of oatmeal!!!

I unscrewed a bottle of it from the CS a couple of years ago and took it with me as a souvenir! :eek:

I don't know if it's the same soap I remember years ago, but if it's in those plastic bottles screwed down onto the sink, it is similar to that used on airliner's and I believe are manufactured for wholesale only by Celeste Industries. Web site here http://www.celestecorp.com/Flight_Luxe.html
That's the stuff looking at it!! But the fact that it has a MSDS worries me... That means well, click it and then google the Emergency Response Guidebook! :ph34r: :ph34r:

That's the stuff looking at it!! But the fact that it has a MSDS worries me... That means well, click it and then google the Emergency Response Guidebook! :ph34r: :ph34r:
According to the MSDS linked, which is probably required for any chemical sold into a commercial environment, there is nothing to be concerned with. Just don't drink it or if you splash into your eyes, wash with water....

The MSDS is nothing to worry about; they are required by law to have one. The reality, there is an MSDS saline water (we have the sheet in our MSDS binder at work!)

Hi,

My son has life threatening allergy to peanuts and tree nuts... it can be quite tricky to know what is providing the aroma of almonds at times... could it be almond oil or is it just artificial scent?

We always play safe and avoid this Amtrak (and airline) soap anyway... for us it has the aroma of death!

Ed :cool:

I FOUND IT (no thanks to amtrak oddly enough). The company that I can buy it from only sells by the case.... so.... if you want a bottle-or a few- let me know.... I'm happy to get you a bottle.

scarlettmcnally at gmail dot com

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the same soap I remember years ago, but if it's in those plastic bottles screwed down onto the sink, it is similar to that used on airliner's and I believe are manufactured for wholesale only by Celeste Industries. Web site here http://www.celesteco...light_Luxe.html
That's the stuff looking at it!! But the fact that it has a MSDS worries me... That means well, click it and then google the Emergency Response Guidebook!
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
I order the office supplies at work and you would be suprised what comes with MSDS. Scotch tape for one, Bic stick pens, little things like that. I just toss them and never read them.

I FOUND IT (no thanks to amtrak oddly enough). The company that I can buy it from only sells by the case.... so.... if you want a bottle-or a few- let me know.... I'm happy to get you a bottle.

scarlettmcnally at gmail dot com
So, who makes it?

There's someone selling a case of 32 Amtrak branded bottles on ebay.

$19.99 plus $25 shipping so that's just a little over $1/bottle.

I'm curious as to how/why someone has a case of 32 to sell - I'm going to take a wild guess here and say theft.

I wonder how long until that listing sells after this post :p

amtraksoap.jpg

amtrakcase.jpg

I agree that it must be stolen....if you buy it from Celeste, I doubt they would sell it in the Amtrak (or airline) branded bottles.....only plain bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back