Link for Chicago Kansas City detour trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. 3 was in front with 2 engines. 5 was in back with two engines on the back of the train. The trains ran as one through Cameron and then made two right turn and preceded north towards gbb. A few Miles west the trains stopped and split. 3 pulled forward and then made a right turn into the yard south of GBB. Almost like it was going to quincy. Then we waited for 5 to back into the station.

5 has now pulled forward and left gbb. 3 has backed into gbb and is now stopped. Crew made an annoucement that we would only stop for 3 minutes. If this is the case we will be 4 hours late departing gbb.

Arrive Kansas City at 2:25 am. Good run from gbb to kcy.

A post on the main amtrak unlmited forum explained that a freight that broke down south of Joliet caused problems for all. 4 and 6 delayed 5 hours.

4 is now due to arrive at 9:07. I ate breakfast at harveys in union station. It was excellent. Good choice if 4 is Running late. It opens at 8.

I was going to have a railfan brunch by eating pancakes or french toast in the diner. Not sure if they will still be serving.

Living proof that foamers will put up with anything to ride trains! I'm envious! LOL

Glad to see that the psuedo Harvey House is still in operation in KCY, had a great meal there during the St Louis Gathering with other AUers on our day trip on the River Runners!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back