Leaving Denver on the eastbound CZ - is dinner served?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertDude

Train Attendant
If I'm a sleeping car passenger riding the Zephyr from Denver to Chicago, and the train leaves right on time, will I still be able to get dinner in the diner?

If the answer to the above is "yes," about how late would the CZ have to be running before I would *not* be served dinner?

We have left Denver on the eastbound Zephyr an hour or so late, and dinner in the diner was no problem at all!

Our CZ arrived in Denver probably an hour late and it took almost 30 mins to board and the first thing our SCA did was hand us a coupon to show the dining car we just boarded.... Dining car staff was so busy they didn't seem to care about the slip of paper and were just seating people as they flowed into the car.

Our group boarded #6 in Denver about an hour late and we were sent immediately to the diner after we stored our bags in the rooms. I think they try to get on board passengers to eat before Denver to make sure they can accommodate Denver arrivals. Have a great trip.

If the answer to the above is "yes," about how late would the CZ have to be running before I would *not* be served dinner?
It would have to be around 2'15" down before it starts becoming an issue. I know if I paid for a sleeper, someone should feed me if the train is late. Otherwise, there will be another delay when I get booted off at a grade crossing and dragged off somewhere into the night by the local authorities for invading of the kitchen.

How late? Usually the CZ serves dinner until around 9 PM. As for the reservation slip, I've never had the dining room staff ask for the slip. You do sign the dining room check with your car number and room number and give that to the server who then ask you what you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back