Layover in St Louis

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have a few hours to kill in St Louis on Wednesday afternoon/early evening before I catch the motorcoach connection to Carbondale, IL and hop in the CONL. Anything I should do or see thats relatively close by? Its been years since I have been there.

I have a few hours to kill in St Louis on Wednesday afternoon/early evening before I catch the motorcoach connection to Carbondale, IL and hop in the CONL. Anything I should do or see thats relatively close by? Its been years since I have been there.
head over to washington avenue and see all the new development!

A short walk to the original union station now a mall full of shops and restuarants.

I've heard there is an excellent transportation museum near St. Louis and I plan on going there in October. Lots of rolling stock, locos, etc. Has anybody been there? Is it worth the trip?

I've heard there is an excellent transportation museum near St. Louis and I plan on going there in October. Lots of rolling stock, locos, etc. Has anybody been there? Is it worth the trip?
I personally have never been there, but they have the only surviving Pennsylvania P5 electric, the predescessor to the GG-1. Just for that, I would go there if given the chance.

I concur with going to Union Station, which is a quick walk from the Amtrak station. The Arch is always entertaining, and an easy train ride on the light rail system. St Louis has a pretty decent mass transportation system Click here Metro St Louis for more information. There's lots of stuff to do; it just depends on how much time you've got.

If you want more specifics, feel free to email or PM me on here, and I'll do what I can to help....

Ok, well I am off to the train, thanks for everyones help, I will see how much of all that I can do.

Im on my second leg of a round the country trip, I will sure to post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back