Late Southwest Chief?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaspeamtrak

Lead Service Attendant
Just noticed that # 4 that left LA on 17/03/08 dep. Flagstaff, AZ over 6 hours late. It left Albuquerque,NM today over 20 hours late!!!

Anybody have any info on this??? Or is another bug in Amtrak's web site? :blink:

Seems to be accurate. Probably a combination of things. Thats usually what makes a train that late.

I heard there was a blinding snow storm in Flagstaff. Led to a deadly pileup and closed I-40.

Could be why #4 was so late, because I could have sworn I heard #3 get into my area about 15 min east of Fullerton around 3:00 PM...which would make the #4 you're referring to a pretty late departure out of LA, and then it could have hit the snow yet again. The train I heard sure sounded like Amtrak, that or another NS lead train in my area. NS using the K5LA fools me sometimes.

Hey wait a minute. How could it leave ABQ 20 hours late? It isn't supposed to leave until around 12:00 or so. 20 hours haven't even passed yet if you're talking about today’s #4 out of ABQ...which would have left LA on 3/17/08. Sure you've got the right dates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amtraks site said it would arrive in Chicago 18hours late, so the 20 hour time seems reasonable, but it was the day befores train that was so advertised.

There are a number of factors why I would spew out a variety of words in response to a question whose answer eludes me. The reasons are really quite numerous. I bet I could easily think of some off the top of my head.

You are referring to two different trains. You are referring to 4(16) and 4(17), respectively. 4(16) is currently over 22 hours late, while 4(17), the one titled in this thread, was about 4 1/2 hours late into Flagstaff yesterday. There was also a bus bridge instituted here due to a derailment on the BNSF transcon, hence why the dwell time was so substantial for 4(16), and why she is yet to arrive into Chicago yet. The date mess up in the system is due to the bus bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are referring to two different trains. You are referring to 4(16) and 4(17), respectively. 4(16) is currently over 22 hours late, while 4(17), the one titled in this thread, was about 4 1/2 hours late into Flagstaff yesterday. There was also a bus bridge instituted here due to a derailment on the BNSF transcon, hence why the dwell time was so substantial for 4(16), and why she is yet to arrive into Chicago yet. The date mess up in the system is due to the bus bridge.

Thank you!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back