Lancaster PA Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the people here in Lancaster county are Republican and therefore anti-Amtrak.

I wanted to comment to the two comments, that yes I agree 100%. We should make roads pay as you go while we are at it.

However, Amtrak does appear to have fumbled this. I don't know the entire story, but the bottom line is the station renovations have had some bad publicity and there is still parking issues at the station.

As someone who worked with Amtrak on multiple projects over the years, the Lancaster story is like a bad flashback. The people at Amtrak are great. The organization is horrible. It's amazing they can get anything done anywhere with all the roadblocks they throw in the way.

In hindsight, what Lancaster should have done was buy the station from Amtrak for $1. Then, bring in contractors to do the work. Once everything was done, sell it back to Amtrak for $1. Getting out from under the Amtrak the labor issues (the worst I've ever encountered), project oversight and associated overhead costs would have saved them a bundle, and the job would be done by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amtrak finally hires firm to renovate inside of Lancaster train stationThe plaster continues to crumble, and the paint is still peeling.

But Amtrak finally has hired a company to renovate the inside of the dilapidated Lancaster train station.

Amtrak's Marilyn Jamison, who is overseeing the project, said a Dillsburg firm is mobilizing its forces and is expected to soon begin work on the main waiting room at the station.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/839189_Amtrak-finally-hires-firm-to-renovate-inside-of-Lancaster-train-station.html#ixzz2Qm4ClIWH

I noticed yesterday that they started it.. haven't been there for couple of weeks, but there's been a lot of movement so this article confirms that finally something is happening..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back