It All Balances Out

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim55

Service Attendant
After 10 years of almost flawless Amtrak travel, Lady luck said it's my turn when....

...." I started on a journey about three months ago,

to a little town called Chicago in the state of Illionois,

I've never been much of a traveler and I really did not know that

Chicago was the hardest place I'd ever try to go" (Kingston Trio, 1957)(+/- a few words)

A few months back, I had all these AGR points, so my wife and I came up with a plan to drive out to Colorado Springs, see our Son and his family, take the 2 grandsons(4 & 6) and take the California Zephyr back to Chicago. I was able to get AGR tickets and the family bedroom for the 13th of June. The 13th...hmmm? naw. About a week befor, the websites started talking about Omaha floods and Zephyr reroutes or disruption. C Springs is an hour and a half South of the Denver Amtrak and two hours north of La Junta Co and the SWC. The SWC had a family bedroom, so I switched. The rest is history. The fire closed the I25 and the SWC route. No way to drive to ABQ and did not want Newton KS at 3 or 4 AM. The Amtrak.com and Jullie kept saying "La Junta On time". But at two and a half hours prior to the SWC departure from ABQ they changed to "service disruption Call an agent". The drive to chicago was fun, it had it's moments.

So now we ejoy the kids ,share them with the other grandparnts, and look forward to the 24 June CZ, with Family bedroom, trip back to Denver and C Spring to drop the kids. Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back