Is this obsessed or what?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethe7

Train Attendant
Based on current timetables/locations I have worked my route backward from the time I leave, I know where my trains are at any given moment between now and then.

Anybody else follow schedules religiously?

Based on current timetables/locations I have worked my route backward from the time I leave, I know where my trains are at any given moment between now and then.

I do that when we're taking the SWC home from ABQ. I track it all the way from L.A. so I can see how it's doing.

I usually download a pdf of my train's schedule so I can see where we *should* be and, depending on the current situation, get an idea of what time we'll be at the next station.

That's about all my poor pea brain can handle.

Some Members (Round Up the Usual Suspects) Track ALL of the Amtrak Trains Daily Even when they aren't Scheduled for a Trip Themselves! Not that I'd dream of doing such a thing you understand! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Some Members (Round Up the Usual Suspects) Track ALL of the Amtrak Trains Daily Even when they aren't Scheduled for a Trip Themselves! Not that I'd dream of doing such a thing you understand! :lol:
I have not yet gone that far, mainly due to time limitations but I used to do that when I cruised, I always knew pretty much where almost every ship of every major U.S. line was to occupy my time before my trip. Many ports of call and some ships had live cameras....if only some of the stations/trains had it, I'd be in heaven.

Actually there are Cameras at Some Stations and on trainorders.com you can actually see Trains and Stations in "Real Time".

(But you must be a Paying Member to see Videos and Live Stuff INNM???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back