Illinois Discounts

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heavesrock

Train Attendant
CHICAGO, Feb. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Affordable travel just got easier for those exploring the great state of Illinois. The Illinois Bureau of Tourism (IBOT) is proud to announce a new partnership with Amtrak offering travelers a 20 percent discount off a regular adult rail ticket in Illinois, now through June 30. Details, including how to book a trip and the rules for the Enjoy Illinois discount code*, can be found at http://www.enjoyillinois.com; blackout dates do apply and seats are limited.
*Amtrak routes included in the Enjoy Illinois discount, fare code V574: Lincoln Service (four daily round-trips between Chicago and St. Louis); Illini & Saluki (two daily round-trips between Chicago and Carbondale); Illinois Zephyr & Carl Sandburg (two daily round-trips between Chicago and Quincy). Blackout dates for the Illinois Amtrak discount are April 10 and 13, 2009. Passengers receive 20 percent off the best available fare. The number available seats are limited per train. Discount is valid in Business Class with the payment of that accommodation charge -- subject to availability. Other rules apply and can be found at Amtrak.com.

Full Story Here: http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainment/20...03022009-1.html

Don't most of those routes appear on the "weakly specials" list - EVERY WEEK? :huh: And isnt the "discount" on the weakly list MORE than 20%? :huh: :blink:

That's Amtrak for you :p

Discount is valid in Business Class with the payment of that accommodation charge -- subject to availability
Although thats a suprise to find in the fine print. Most of the time these discounts are for coach only.

Discount is valid in Business Class with the payment of that accommodation charge -- subject to availability
Although thats a suprise to find in the fine print. Most of the time these discounts are for coach only.
I don't think the accommodation charge is being discounted. But, you can combine a discounted rail fare with the full accommodation charge. Many special deals will do that.

IIRC some of the weakly specials are not good on some days - Fri, Sat, Sun - whatever. I wonder if these guys are good on those days.

I also wonder if the specials are refundable, unlike the weekly specials. I'd bet that even if the aren't refundable that one can at least exchange them for another Amtrak trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back