If Loopholes are restored

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHC

Service Attendant
If the loopholes are suddenly "restored" with the new group of CSR's now handling AGR, I would think it would be best if everyone here kept quiet about it and not make a big deal about it. Also, don't go over to Flyer talk and babble about it either. Shhhhh!!!! :ph34r:

The loopholes won't be restored, as that decision came from the office at Amtrak that's responsible for overseeing AGR. Those same people will be heading up the new in house operation.

Perhaps the subject header should be changed to "If loopholes are restored" instead, as someone may get the wrong impression by reading the title.

Perhaps the subject header should be changed to "If loopholes are restored" instead, as someone may get the wrong impression by reading the title.
Agreed I saw the thread title and I was already dreaming about booking a KCY-CBS loophole trip only to be disappointed. :lol:

It'd be nice but I don't think it will happen.

I also heard that the three rivers The sunset limited would be restored to NOL the desert wind would come back and the turboliners would be restored to revenue service also. Its a good year for amtrak LOL.

More news for October: the Cubs are going to win the World Series!
When the Cubs win the World Series, this event will be sure to follow:

hellfreezesoveryf7.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, they always say next year! And I heard next year's schedule will have the Cubs visiting Fenway Park in Boston - for the first time since 1918! That was the last time the Cubs won the World Series!
laugh.gif
Attention to those in the Red Sox Nation: The Cubs last won a World Series in 1906 Dave!!

The Sawk, with star pitcher Babe Ruth won the Series several times in the teens, didnt win again till,say it,they finally beat the hated Yankees in 200???forget the year, it may be a dream?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to turn this into a baseball thread :lol: but the Cubs actually won a World Series last in 1908, not 1906. Don't make it worse than it is, Jim! :lol: And it was 2004 when the Red Sox beat the hated Yankees in the ALCS and then won the Series.

When the Cubs win the World Series, this event will be sure to follow:

hellfreezesoveryf7.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That happens just about every year.

Speaking of Hell; you know how they say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions?

Well it isn't, it's paved just like any other road. I've been there; it's only a short drive away

Hell

peter

Agreed I saw the thread title and I was already dreaming about booking a KCY-CBS loophole trip only to be disappointed. :lol:

It'd be nice but I don't think it will happen.
I was thinking about riding from atl to sea. I'd take the train down to atl a day before my vacation starts and ride back up in my sleeper for a two zone reward. I can still dream can't I? :rolleyes:

I was thinking about riding from atl to sea. I'd take the train down to atl a day before my vacation starts and ride back up in my sleeper for a two zone reward. I can still dream can't I? :rolleyes:
What you could do is take the overnight train in coach to ATl, purchase one of the low bucket sleepers on the Crescent to NOL(best deal in Amtrak), spend a night in the Big Easy, then take the Sunset Ltd. from NOL-LAX, CS from LAX-SEA as a TWO Zone AGR award!Ive made this trip, the Sunset isnt the CZ but it's a great almost loophole route! :) Jim

Last edited:
What you could do is take the overnight train in coach to ATl, purchase one of the low bucket sleepers on the Crescent to NOL(best deal in Amtrak), spend a night in the Big Easy, then take the Sunset Ltd. from NOL-LAX, CS from LAX-SEA as a TWO Zone AGR award!Ive made this trip, the Sunset isnt the CZ but it's a great almost loophole route! :) Jim
Well right now I'm planning to take the cardinal in coach to cin the beginning of zone 2 then use my 2 zone reward tickets for my sleeper to chi. My buddy lives there and he will join me there and we board the swc to lax and then board cs to seattle.My main idea is to ride the cs from lax to sea mostly for the ride and to experience the ppc. That's the lowest cost I have come up with. I've gone this way the last couple of years. However, after hearing that they were going to charge more points for the atl to sea run :angry2: it was cheaper to go to cin and not have to use all those extra points and all that extra time.

Back