How and Who determines points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainut

Train Attendant
I always thought they gave you your AGR points based on what you paid to your account that month.

This months bill came and this is what I found.

I paid $3,400.00 off the last months bill and only received 1818 AGR Points.

My thought was you get credit (1 point for $1spent) have gone back several statements and still can't figure it. Any help so I can understand?

I called Chase, they told me to call GAR, I will do that in the AM.

Trainut

I always thought they gave you your AGR points based on what you paid to your account that month.This months bill came and this is what I found.

I paid $3,400.00 off the last months bill and only received 1818 AGR Points.

My thought was you get credit (1 point for $1spent) have gone back several statements and still can't figure it. Any help so I can understand?

I called Chase, they told me to call GAR, I will do that in the AM.

Trainut
It's the amount you spent that month - not paid. If you spent $300 AND paid $200 on the bill, you would get 300 points. If you spent $300 AND paid $500 on the bill, you would get 300 points.

At least that's how my card works.

Check back on your previous month(s) statement and you should find the points posted at time of purchase. I am guessing for the month in question you only put $1,818 in purchases on your card.

As said, it is how much you made in PURCHASES each month - not how much you PAID each month. Also, you do not earn points for finance charges and certain other purchases (I think like Savings Bonds).

So if in September you made $800 in purchases, but only paid $500 of the bill in October, your September point balance would increase by 800 AGR points! If your October statement showed $600, but that includes

• $250 in purchases
  • The remaining unpaid $300 from the September statement
  • $50 in finance charges
Your October AGR balance would only increase by 250 points (for the purchases), even though you paid $600! (This included $300 that you didn't pay last month and $50 of finance charges.)

Back