Hope our east coast friends are during ok with this weather

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
We had a tornado warning here in northern DE earlier today. A possible tornado hit a neighborhood about 5 miles from my house damaging a dozen homes (a friend lives there but her house was not damaged). We're still under a tornado watch till 10:00.

Looking at the weather channel, looks like MD, VA, NC, NJ (and others?) also have watches tonight. There's another band of bad weather heading towards us from the west.

It is raining here from the last band. So far so good, but we have had a good 3" of rain already today. Fortunately I don't live in a flood zone, but the water sure was ponding in the yard.

Allgood here so far. Watched a tornado on radar about 20 miles NW of here. Looks like one last line to punch through here in the next hour or so and we'll be in the clear.
Is that the one I saw in Baltimore (on the weather channel)?

It is raining here from the last band. So far so good, but we have had a good 3" of rain already today. Fortunately I don't live in a flood zone, but the water sure was ponding in the yard.
Yeah, we got a few downpours ourselves. There's a "ditch" just on the other side of my backyard fence that drains water out to the street. It was running pretty good today. Same with the gutters.

Allgood here so far. Watched a tornado on radar about 20 miles NW of here. Looks like one last line to punch through here in the next hour or so and we'll be in the clear.
Is that the one I saw in Baltimore (on the weather channel)?
West of there, out where I grew up. The one in Baltimore was around 4 or so, this one was around 7:30. Another radar indicated one down in Saint Mary's now. Thunder and lightning here, looks like we'll be done shortly.

For all the rain & wind we had, never saw lightening. Since I'm hard of hearing and don't hear thunder unless the storm is directly over me, don't know if there were any t-storms close by.

We continue to have rain. Many highways are flooded, some have been closed.

My lawn man cannot cut my grass because of the slippery grass. I live on a hill

so I'm not concerned with flooding, but many people in NJ aren't do lucky.

Glad to hear that our members in DE, MD & PA are okay.

Round 1 is coming through Delaware now. I see lots of lightening, but hear nothing yet (even with my hearing aids), but when it's directly over, I should hear some thunder).

And the same for RI - minus the very severe weather. Another 1-3 inches of rain in the next couple of days with more flooding.

In RI during ALL of April and May, we received about 4 1/2 inches of rain. During the first 10 days of June alone, RI got over 7 1/2 inches of rain - with much more to come the next few days!

Yep, round 1 survived without any issues. Unfortunately, the sun's back out, daytime heating (and the closest to vertical sun angles this area ever sees) is going to make round 2 that much worse.

No problems at my house. Looking at the power outage map, there's outage just north of me (less than a mile). About 15,000 customers w/o power in my county. Sun is playing peek-a-boo.

Back