History Channel Last Night

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Haithcoat

Engineer
Honored Member
I happened to see a few minutes of the History Channel last night, called "Snowbound". I did not see the entire program but it evidently featured several blizzard-type disasters.

When I tuned in, it was about the "City of San Francisco" which was snowed in for 72 hours about 1952. That has been on our forum recently, in conjunction with the CZ being derailed in the same area a couple of months back.

Good footage, makes you realize the disaster was worse than one might think. It went from that to anther incident, not rail-related but I was not able to watch that. Whether the program is new enough to have mentioned the CZ derailment a few months ago, I doubt.

But anyway, check it out next time you see"Snowbound" advertised. You know those channels run the same things several times.

I saw that last night also Bill. While I didn't see the entire segment because I was on the phone, I thought the footage I saw was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back