Hi to all

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I live in rural west central Indiana, and have been riding passenger trains pretty regularly since I started taking the National Limited back and forth from Indianapolis to the east Coast for grad school in the 1970s. I am a retired academic (small college, humanities). My nearest Amtrak station is Crawfordsville, and my last big trip, a couple of summers ago, was Denver >Oakland then Seattle>South Bend. I hope late this summer to make a loop to LA then SF via SW Chief out and back via Sunset Limited.

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited. I have a current neighbor who will be moving to Montezuma, Indiana. She said the nearest station to her is Crawfordsville also. (I cannot imagine moving from Florida to Indiana 🤷‍♀️ )

Hi, I live in rural west central Indiana, and have been riding passenger trains pretty regularly since I started taking the National Limited back and forth from Indianapolis to the east Coast for grad school in the 1970s. I am a retired academic (small college, humanities). My nearest Amtrak station is Crawfordsville, and my last big trip, a couple of summers ago, was Denver >Oakland then Seattle>South Bend. I hope late this summer to make a loop to LA then SF via SW Chief out and back via Sunset Limited.
Welcome! Amtrak's station page for CRF notes that "Laid out in 1823, the town is home to Wabash College and was once known as the 'Athens of Indiana' for its resident literary figures." Crawfordsville may be small, but the Cardinal's times are decent, 3.5 hours to or from Chicago and (nearly) the entire long-distance route network.

Back