Hello from a Newbie in Yorkshire, England.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, Donnylad here from England. It's a pleasure to join your Group!

We are taking the Amtrak Silver Star service from Fort Lauderdale to New York Penn in November.

My Wife and I travelled all the way with Amtrak across the magnificent US from New York to San Francisco back in 2003. We also did Canada coast to coast via Via in 2009 (Vancouver to Halifax, Nova Scotia) so we've served some time on the rails so to speak!

We very much look forward to exchanging views and experiences with you all in the very near future.

Best wishes

Donnylad (and Lass !!)

Welcome Donnylad and Lass! You have come to the right place to learn and exchange views and experiences about the excellent, the good, the bad and the ugly in American Passenger Railroading! In exchange some of us would like to learn about your experiences in your country and elsewhere too, and perhaps exchange some of ours, who happen to travel there quite some, like me. Looking forward to it!

Welcome Donnylad & Lass !! I know you will find Amtrak Unlimited informative and fun.

We have also made the Amtrak trip from New York to San Francisco twice. It is a fantastic

journey. I hope you will share some of your experiences on train travel in the UK.

Welcome to AU!

You have traveled more on Amtrak in the US then I have by rail in England. (I've only covered some lines from London to southeast England.) In the future, I hope to add more lines throughout the UK, and throughout the rest of Europe also!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back