Have tickets!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Hello everyone. Just picked up my tickets for the Coast Starlight from L.A. to Emeryville and then the California Zephyr to Chicago. I have an economy sleeper (4/1430) on the Starlight and a deluxe sleeper (C/0632) on the Zephyr to Chicago.

Does anyone know anything about these cars? Or does Amtrak just print any car number on the tickets. I'm taking a long deserved vacation so I decided to go first class the whole way. The economy sleeper on the Starlight didn't add to much to the price and I know it's only about 12 hours, but I've done this trip once before (from L.A. to Portland) and I really enjoyed the compartment.

I travel the first week of December and I can hardly wait! I'll let you all know how the trip goes.

those aren't equipment numbers, they are consist numbers (although the number will be in a display window on the car).

4/1430 is room #4 (upstairs) in the "30" car (closest to the parlor/diner) of train 14.

C/0632 is bedroom "C" of the "32" car (3rd sleeper from the diner) of train #6.

capiche?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back