Fraud, abuse found rampant at Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak? Our beloved Amtrak that can't give BC customers their $50 8-Oz Pepsi? Fraud? ABUSE?!? Say it ain't so, Ethyl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amtrak? Our beloved Amtrak that can't give BC customers their $50 8-Oz Pepsi? Fraud? ABUSE?!? Say it ain't so, Ethyl!
Actually, I had no problems getting my free soda's on the Maple Leaf earlier this week. In fact, I got one for lunch and the LSA gave me two with my dinner.

And in another surprising move, the commissary actually sent this Leaf out with enough food for a round trip. In the past, coming back from Toronto the cafe usually sells out of most things. Two years ago, I had the egg sandwich for dinner, because that was all that was left when we went to dinner while still west of Albany. They were sold out of everything else. In fact on that trip, they'd sold out of Pizza by Buffalo.

On this trip, the attendant had only sold out of 3 items by the time we reached Albany, and she still had pizza left. She did sell out many more items during the final two hours she was open while running down the Hudson from ALB. But that's a far cry from facing those 2.5 hours with no food like often happens.

Kudos to the person at the commissary who decided to place extra food on a holiday weekend train!

And just think of the extra revenue earned from that car on this trip, since the attendant could actually still sell things!

On the original topic...on fraud and overtime abuse....nothing really new here, unfortunately. Like everywhere else in government and private industry, these cases come under public spotlight from time to time. Phony overtime, property disappearing from storehouses, etc. A sad fact of life that may be purged away for a while, only to return at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back