Fitting three tall people into ONE room?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Penn

OBS Chief
Is there some way to fit three tall people (so no Family Bedroom
angry.gif
) into a single sleeper room?

This is, of course, under the premise that people will not have to go two-to-a-bunk.
unsure.gif

angry.gif

This is, of course, under the premise that people will not have to go two-to-a-bunk.
unsure.gif
Not if they want to be comfortable.

What about two roomettes? While the showers are down the hall (on Viewliners) and both toilets and showers are outside the room on Superliners, quite often two roomettes beats a bedroom for both space as well as comfort for three and often can be considerably cheaper too!

Not in AGR points, though.
mad.gif

Also, since the beds in the Family Room are in an L-shape, is there ANY
help.gif
possibility for three to fit?

Not in AGR points, though.
mad.gif

Also, since the beds in the Family Room are in an L-shape, is there ANY
help.gif
possibility for three to fit?
The lower bunk in the Family Bedroom is almost (not quite) as wide as a standard double bed...it is conceivable that a husband and wife accustomed to cozying up could share it, leaving the upper bunk free for one more. The same is true of the regular Superliner bedrooms, but the family room would provide more space during the day.

I believe that technically it is allowed to book three adults into a bedroom (the "deluxe" bedroom, not the family bedroom). However, you would have to have two people share the bottom bunk.

I don't think there's any way for a family room to work unless one is willing to sleep in the fetal position. :rolleyes:

They are allowing 3 adults to book a standard bedroom, however, the lower bunk is about the size of a twin bed. Two very cozy adults can sleep in it -- I've done some trips with a married couple I'm friends with. They took the lower bunk and I took the upper bunk, but they sleep right next to each other anyway. If you're someone that needs your space, you won't be happy.

Please don't book it and then file complaints about how small it was for three -- that's why they've been reluctant to book 3 adults in a bedroom, and I'd hate to lose that again.

If one of you is comfortable with sitting all the way, there is a seat opposite the beds in a Bedroom. There isn't really a lot of legroom with the beds down, but it can be workable.

We just completed a 3 night trip with two married couples in bedrooms and did not use the top bunks at all. I would be hesitant to share the bottom bed with anyone other than my wife though. Could of easily slept a 3rd in the room though.

And how tall are these people? The beds aren't much longer than 6 feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 6'3" and I have taken several trips with my wife in bedrooms, both superliner and viewliner - we normally share the lower and put our luggage in the upper. :rolleyes:

I did that for two nights with two friends of the same gender. The first night I slept in the chair and didn't fall asleep - there was very little room for anything since all of stuff was there, but what I did was try to put some stuff and use it as a leg rest. No such luck in falling asleep, and in the morning the SCA found me groggy and offered me the next unoccupied bedroom to sleep in during the day, where I got a few hours sleep. The next night we agreed to share a bed and it was cozy but it did work out - we slept head to toe and I used my personal blanket to avoid any issues of the neighbor getting cold or warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
angry.gif

unsure.gif
It depends on how tall tall is! My wife and I are both well over 6 ft tall and we have trouble even sitting in the seats day, let alonme trying to sleep another person in the room. It just doesn't work. Get two roomettes instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back