First Train Ride! Coast Starlight - Accessible Sleeper

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, am so glad you had a great time! Enjoy your time in my old backyard and enjoy that Apple Farm food for me!
Do keep us posted on your return! :)
We went to the Apple Farm and I have to tell ya: everything was great! My favorite part was the pecan apple cider baked beans and the applekraut that I ordered on the side...yummies! And of course, the COOKIES!!! No one makes cookies like the Apple Farm! We're taking a dozen home with us, and possibly a pie (not sure about carrying that onboard and will have to see if it can handle 7 hours out of the fridge). Also went to the Sunset Drive-in last night! We don't have those in our area anymore, so that was a blast for the past!

More to come on our trip report, but there's no way we'll top yours, Jackal! You did an awesome job! :)

On the two round trips I've been on on the Lake Shore Limited, I've been under the impression that the call buttons have been nonfunctional. Is the call button system easier to maintain on the Superliners than the Viewliners for some reason?

On the two round trips I've been on on the Lake Shore Limited, I've been under the impression that the call buttons have been nonfunctional. Is the call button system easier to maintain on the Superliners than the Viewliners for some reason?
For reasons that remain unclear, the PA and attendant call buttons were all tied together with the video system on the Viewliners. When they took out the video system it killed the PA's and call buttons. I believe that some cars have now been rewired to get the PA and call buttons back online, but I don't believe that all cars have had that done yet.

I had long thought it crazy that when a Viewliner lost HEP, the videos would keep playing on battery power, until someone once explained that the PA was tied into the same system and therefore had to be on the battery for emergencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ready to post a Trip Report, but not sure if that shoud be done here or under the Trip Report section on the Main Page. If someone could let me know, that would be great! :)

p.s. it's going to be very lengthy...is that going to be ok also? I tend to write a book! Lol

Thanks!

I'm ready to post a Trip Report, but not sure if that shoud be done here or under the Trip Report section on the Main Page. If someone could let me know, that would be great! :)
p.s. it's going to be very lengthy...is that going to be ok also? I tend to write a book! Lol

Thanks!
I'd go ahead and post it in the Trip Reports forum, but you can post a link here to your new thread there! :)

Looking very much forward to reading it!

Yes, please put it in the trip reports section and lengthy is fine. However if it's really long, you might want to break it up into 2 or 3, or even more posts.

Any news on it?! I'm waiting with bated breath!! (Sorry, I'll go brush my teeth now... :D )

Sorry for the delay in posting our trip report! I ended up coming down with a virus, which threw me into an MS exacerbation...so I've been too ill to sit up to the computer and type. I will be posting our report by this weekend, but wanted to let you know why you hadn't seen anything yet. I'm as anxious to tell you about it as you are to READ about it! Lol So, look for it in the Trip Report section in the next two days...

Thanks! :)

Any news on it?! I'm waiting with bated breath!! (Sorry, I'll go brush my teeth now... :D )
What do you use your baited breath to go for... Salmon? Walleye? Northern Pike? Trout? Loousewimen?
World Wide Words ;)
As thine inquiry abates

for lack of substance or meaning,

one can only hope we bid a fair ado

to this breathless OT interlude!

Shakespearian Burma Shave
Ewe guise shore half aweigh wif wurtz.

Sorry for the delay in posting our trip report! I ended up coming down with a virus, which threw me into an MS exacerbation...so I've been too ill to sit up to the computer and type. I will be posting our report by this weekend, but wanted to let you know why you hadn't seen anything yet. I'm as anxious to tell you about it as you are to READ about it! Lol So, look for it in the Trip Report section in the next two days...
Thanks! :)
Been looking for your report...did I miss it, or have you been too busy to post it? I keep brushing my teeth, but my breath is becoming bated again, and I'm running out of toothpaste! (It takes a special kind of toothpaste to cure bated breath, you know! :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back