Family bedroom questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radsmom

Train Attendant
On my previous long distance trips we have always had a "bedroom" (formerly deluxe bedroom) so I am familiar with those accomodations. We did peek inside a family bedroom on one trip as we knew the day was coming that our son would be too big for us to have just a bedroom.

I did look at all the specs and pics I could find to educate myself. Any other family bedroom information or tips I should know (like I said I do understand the layout of the room). Thanks, we are starting to get pretty darn excited at our house as we leave in a week! B)

Well, you've traveled Amtrak in a sleeper before, and you know the layout of the family room, so there's not much more to add.

It's possible that there could be a bit more track noise than normal, since the trucks (wheels) are closer to your room than they are to a deluxe room. That, and the restroom and shower are down the hall instead of inside the room (which you probably already knew).

Other than that, the experience is pretty much what you'd expect, having traveled by sleeper before.

Well, that's kinda what I figured but I just wanted to make sure I had not missed anything of significance. Thanks!

Best thing about the family room is that you get a window on both sides of the train. Of course being on the lower level, you can't see quite as far as you can upstairs.

I'm sure that your little one will just love having a bed just the right size. :) I know my nephews & nieces just loved that idea when we were on the AutoTrain.

What a cute little boy!!!!! He is so smart to be able to type on the computer also. LOL Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back