Fall Double Points Promo?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just registered for the promo today, but last week I purchased a r/t ticket from NWK-BOS on 9/27-28. Will I be able to earn double points on that trip?
YES! No problem.

You could have even registered after the trip and it would have been retroactive. ...Well those were the rules LAST year, anyway. ;)

I just got an email from Amtrak telling me that if I join AGR and register I'll get double points. :blink: So if I register AGAIN, will I get QUADRUPLE points? :p

Yes! It doesn't matter when you purchased the ticket,it only matters that you TRAVEL during the period! :)
Some exceptions - most notably multi-ride tickets. I found out that the start date has to be within the promo period to qualify for double points. I bought a multi-ride in advance the day before the last promo ended. The ticket agent said it shouldn't matter and I said OK to making the start date in 3 days so the end of the 45 days would be later. Turns out that I should have said to just make the start date on the last day of the promo to qualify for double points.

You just said it. Last year it was 2 segments. This year it's specified as 2 one ways.
I'll bet that whoever wrote the promo thought that the terms were synonymous. They aren't of course. Last spring's double-points promotion had identical "Limit of two qualifying one-way trips per day" language, so whatever that meant then it probably means now.

I can't take advantage of the present promotion any more than I could the spring one, so I'll earn the same points either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two one way tickets will qualify for double points per day. I'm not quite sure of the wording. Last Spring I booked several round trips and got double points each way. Does two one way fares mean a round trip is the same? Just want to clarify. My first double points trip is tomorrow from Elizabethtown to Harrisburg and return.Lots of inexpensive fares on the Keystones. I just want to make sure I will get double points each way.

Only if your pet frog travels with you, and you travel on a day of the week that does NOT end in "y"! :giggle: (You have to read the fine print. :p )
Dave, I'm an old person who can't read fine print any longer without my glasses :cool: , and I am a card carrying member of AARP, :ph34r: surely the fine print does not apply to ME. :lol:

Two one way tickets will qualify for double points per day. I'm not quite sure of the wording. Last Spring I booked several round trips and got double points each way. Does two one way fares mean a round trip is the same? Just want to clarify. My first double points trip is tomorrow from Elizabethtown to Harrisburg and return.Lots of inexpensive fares on the Keystones. I just want to make sure I will get double points each way.
There's no explanation as to what that means. I'm wondering if segments in the same direction for the same price counts as "one-ways". Last promotion I was able to break up trips into multiple segments. SAC-GAC was $34 (might have even been less with the half-off weekend promotion) but I was able to break that into four segments over two days that would have been more than $50 priced separately. Since I took two segments each day, I qualified for the max double bonus (200 points on two min point segments) each day.

I know this was most definitely debated earlier but nevertheless.. I somehow totally forgot to register and I took a trip on the 10th. Now that I registered, are those double points gone? Or since the trip was within that window, can I still get double points somehow for those trips?

I know this was most definitely debated earlier but nevertheless.. I somehow totally forgot to register and I took a trip on the 10th. Now that I registered, are those double points gone? Or since the trip was within that window, can I still get double points somehow for those trips?
It can be retro active. As long as you travel on the promo dates, you'll get the points (once you sign up).

In the past, if you registered during the promotion, it was retroactively applied to all Amtrak travel that occurred during the promotion period!

But with (maybe) new rules - who knows!

Back