Etiquette in a sleeper

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very embarrassing when one is suffering from terrible gas.

I guess I should be careful if I see the El Paso Burrito Lady!! Or pass my time in another car ;-)

One time on 4 I ate two packages of White Castle sliders from the lounge car. This was after dinner too. I was trying tiger the lower seats to slide together. During the process one slipped our. A few minutes later the conductor walked by and said, we in la junta already? I smell the stockyards. I was rotflmao.

I think Solti was actually better with Beethoven. Got to hear the CHI symphony and lyric opera a lot as a kid.
Oh, I won't deny that there are better Wagner conductors than Solti, but the cast! Birgit Nilsson, Kirsten Flagstad, a young Joan Sutherland, Neidlinger's Albrecht, etc., etc. If you're going to **** off your neighbors with Wagner, only use the best.

As to the OP's original question, Amtrak just posted a link on Facebook called "What to Bring on an Overnight Train Ride." Here's one of their suggestions:

"Bring headphones

Whether they're earbuds or Dre Beats, your headphones are essential for long train trips. You can use them to listen to your favorite tunes as the scenery rolls by or watch your favorite movie after dinner. Even though our sleeper accommodations have a high degree of privacy with their own locking doors, headphones are a nice consideration for your neighbors in nearby rooms."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back