Employment with Amtrak - Coach Cleaner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Anything of true value that's easy/small enough to carry on, I do (i.e. critical dive gear, my laptop, GPS, etc.). But I have left "test coinage" in the ashtray and that has never been touched, so far.
but even if that vanished, would that be evidence of theft, or could it be mistaken for a graiutity?

where would you leave gratuity money?

Absolutely. Anything of true value that's easy/small enough to carry on, I do (i.e. critical dive gear, my laptop, GPS, etc.). But I have left "test coinage" in the ashtray and that has never been touched, so far.
but even if that vanished, would that be evidence of theft, or could it be mistaken for a graiutity?
No, the ashtray is closed/covered. One would have to open it to get at it. Besides, I would imagine that, to avoid this scenario, the contractor's policy (if not Amtrak's) is not to mistake anything for a "gratuity" unless it's clearly marked as such (i.e. <currency in envelope> <---- GRATUITY!!! THANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF MY CAR!!!!).

where would you leave gratuity money?
I wouldn't. Any cash gratuities I give, I hand directly to the recipient to ensure it gets to where it should go.

Regards,

Arnold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do keep us updated on response times. I submitted a moderatelty serious application for a back office position last month. Position is a great fit, timing of relocation is the potential deal breaker.
Some of the apps take months to go over and select one or however many persons for the task. My first one was in July got an email this month with the subject line of : Amtrak- Thank You- Interview

There was no interview it was saying I wasn't the proper person for the job. But the title was VERY misleading. So don't get your hopes up right away. I did but I had broken glasses and it's very hard for me to see anything without them. My mom told me and I was confused. But the title will get your hopes up.
The same thing happened to me. I received an email like that in January. It was not only misleading, it was very disappointing. I have been trying to get a job at Amtrak for over a year.

i would like to apply for a coach cleaning job, my last job i had was in 2011, i had it for 17 years, i would like for you to take a look at my resume, and take a chance on me i am a good worker, and do the best job that the company would except from a employee. thank you for taking the time to read this cherlyn gibbs

i would like to apply for a coach cleaning job, my last job i had was in 2011, i had it for 17 years, i would like for you to take a look at my resume, and take a chance on me i am a good worker, and do the best job that the company would except from a employee. thank you for taking the time to read this cherlyn gibbs
This board is not affilated with Amtrak in any way. You need to contact Amtrak directly.

For everyone looking here for a job with Amtrak, may I please direct you to click HERE.

If you found this thread, you should be able to navigate your way through the Amtrak career portal.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back