EB Delay making us change plans, suggestions needed. CBS to CHI

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked this morning and I see that EB #8 is 1 hour and 41 minutes late out of Staples MN. Now I feel a bit better about my decision. Last year when we took this trip #8 was still about two and a half hours late by this time in the morning.

It actually worked out okay. Even though it was only an hour late, a service issue meant they could not add the extra coach. So there would not have been room for us. I guess there were a bunch of POed people in Lacrosse.

Using the term FUBAR is very specific? Were you in the service at some point? Specifically the Navy?

Using the term FUBAR is very specific? Were you in the service at some point? Specifically the Navy?
FUBAR and SNAFU were both terms I encountered and used quite often in data processing, so I suspect while maybe born there, they were widely used outside of the military arena. We even had our own, GIGO - garbage in, garbage out. :p

No, I was never in the military. A good friend who worked with me served in the navy. But the story gets better. We are here in Charleston, South Carolina, our bags are in Charleston West Virginia. Note to self look at claim tickets!

Boy they sure do not make it easy to like Amtrak. I am still trying to figure out when and how my bag will arrive. The Charleston WV (CHW) station only open 3 days a week, and they refuse to give me a good number to call the Charleston SC (CHS) station to see if and when my bag will be delivered to my hotel. :unsure:

The question I have is will they provide me with some sort of rebate for all of the stuff I have to buy while I am waiting? Looks like I am shopping again today.

Thanks for letting me rant!

:angry2:

I finally found the number for CHS station and I called yesterday morning. The person I talked to said "yeah, I heard about your bags". Now this was at at 10am, 5 hours after they were to arrive in Charleston, SC. I took him about 30 minutes and he he came back with, I found them...he finally decided to send them over via taxi. Lesson learned , CHECK YOUR CLAIM TICKET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back