Eastbound CL Timing (schedule change?)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPC

Service Attendant
I'm checking travel options for the end of July...if I try to reserve a trip HOU-PHL leaving July 26, the reservation site tells me the CL leaves CHI at 6:10PM, arriving PGH at 4:35AM and WAS at 12:40PM. BUT if I try to reserve a trip CHI-PHL leaving July 27 (should be the same train), it tells me the CL leaves CHI at 6:40PM, arriving PGH at 5:05AM and WAS at 1:05PM, essentially the present schedule. Is there a schedule change coming for the CL or is the Web site just burping?

I couldn't find the station code HOU, but sure enough trying HOS (Houston) to PGH departing July 26 shows the CL departing the next day from CHI at 6:10 and arriving at PGH at 4:35AM. Trying CHi to PGH departing on July 27 shows the CL departing the next day from CHI at 6:40 and arriving at PGH at 5:05AM.

A few years ago during the Pinkerton Horn daylighting work, the schedule was advanced a half hour. But I dcan't see Amtrak running two sections, track work or no. I call BUG!

As a side note, the earlier departure may be an attempt to provide more time to enjoy the enhanced dinner.
default_ph34r.png

There was quite a bit of track work when I was on the Eastbound CL a month ago. It was on a Sunday and there was repair equipment for several miles in either Eastern PA or Western MD. It seemed like we were on slow orders, probably no faster than 15-20 mph the whole time. When I came back Westbound the next Friday, the equipment was gone.

There was quite a bit of track work when I was on the Eastbound CL a month ago. It was on a Sunday and there was repair equipment for several miles in either Eastern PA or Western MD. It seemed like we were on slow orders, probably no faster than 15-20 mph the whole time. When I came back Westbound the next Friday, the equipment was gone.
The CL doesn’t go through eastern PA
default_wink.png
You mean western PA - MD is below PA, not next to it.

Back