Earn Some Points Doing Taxes Online!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraneMan

Conductor
Getting ready of doing my taxes, and logged onto the tax company's web page, and came to me to check out the AGR's web page.

I logged on to my AGR page, and backed out of my tax's provider page and found them there and was able to earn my points along with a refund! :)

agr.jpg

The "FreeTaxUSA" offer confuses me. If it's "free," the getting 36 points per dollar seems kind of silly. :p
That actually happens to be the service I use -- as with many such services, it's free to file a Federal return, but they charge to file a state return. There are other add-ons you can buy, too -- for example, a fancy leather binder for your copy of your return.

The "FreeTaxUSA" offer confuses me. If it's "free," the getting 36 points per dollar seems kind of silly. :p
That actually happens to be the service I use -- as with many such services, it's free to file a Federal return, but they charge to file a state return. There are other add-ons you can buy, too -- for example, a fancy leather binder for your copy of your return.
Will the PDF of my tax return fit in that "fancy leather binder"? :giggle:

Thinking about utilizing this as an option for my teenage daughter's tax return. We'd efile the free federal return, but not state.

(We'd mail state return as her refund would be less then $5, I believe that they won't refund that small of an amount, so not worth paying to efile the state.)

Two quick questions, has anyone done this and how many points from filing the free return?

Second, would I receive the AGR points even though it's my daughters return?

Back