E-tickets booked online

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOS-T-Time

Train Attendant
Hello,

I just booked two tickets on the Amtrak website using points and received the usual email confirmation and then an email with the bar code. Seems odd to receive two emails when one could be sent with all the information.

At any rate, the surprising bit was when I logged onto the APP on my I-Phone the E-Tickets were both there! Are they finally linking the website and the APP or is this just for the actual barcode?

Happy Rails!

Yes, the app is pulling your reservation from the website. I am pretty sure it was doing that even before e-tickets. The difference is now it will show you your QR code.

Yes, this isn't new, but it is great that everything is showing up in the app. :)

The QR codes in the app appeared the first day that e-ticketing went live - July 30ish. This is because you log into the app with the same username and password that you use for the website, so anything you book on the website shows up in the app.

This sure is great. I was just surprised because when I normally buy tickets on the website while logged in they do not show when i log onto the app. So hopefully things are finally getting linked up. Does anyone know if you can now buy tickets on the website and they will show up when you log onto the app?

This sure is great. I was just surprised because when I normally buy tickets on the website while logged in they do not show when i log onto the app. So hopefully things are finally getting linked up. Does anyone know if you can now buy tickets on the website and they will show up when you log onto the app?
Yes.

Hello,

I just booked two tickets on the Amtrak website using points and received the usual email confirmation and then an email with the bar code. Seems odd to receive two emails when one could be sent with all the information.

At any rate, the surprising bit was when I logged onto the APP on my I-Phone the E-Tickets were both there! Are they finally linking the website and the APP or is this just for the actual barcode?

Happy Rails!
I just realized you said you used POINTS. I did not see that at first. I have never booked a trip on the web using AGR (always sleeper) so I do not know if those have been linked with the app for very long. Probably have, but don't know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back