E-Ticket AGR Posting Time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCRT

Lead Service Attendant
I've taken the Downeaster twice since E-ticketing was rolled out on that route, and both times the points seem to have posted to my AGR account extremely quickly - the first time it took six days, and this last ride took only three (travel on Saturday, points posted by Tuesday afternoon). This seems significantly faster than trips taken with conventional ticketing. Has anyone else noticed this? It would be nice if this sort of timescale became standard once E-tickets are rolled out systemwide.

Could it be a general speed increase of the posting of points? Perhaps more processing locations? I had a paper ticket for #8 process in less than 48 hours from termination last week.

Could it be a general speed increase of the posting of points? Perhaps more processing locations? I had a paper ticket for #8 process in less than 48 hours from termination last week.
I guarantee you the number of processing locations is not being expanded. Tickets are shipped to El Paso, TX, for processing right now.

E-tickets, on the other hand, aren't shipped anywhere. They are scanned, and computers handle all the rest.

I guarantee you the number of processing locations is not being expanded. Tickets are shipped to El Paso, TX, for processing right now.

E-tickets, on the other hand, aren't shipped anywhere. They are scanned, and computers handle all the rest.
I think some regular tickets are also being scanned by train crews as a training program. The scanners can read both the new QR codes and the old barcodes on the tickets. That might explain how some regular tickets are now crediting quickly.

The first phase of e-ticketing implementation is for crews to scan the tickets before they lift them. Then when the tickets are processed in El Paso, they can compare the data on the two and see if it matches.

If it does after a couple of weeks of testing, eticketing is good to go. If not, figure out why and start over.

Since the eticketing system has to interface with AGR, it wouldn't surprise me that AGR points post through eticketing even when the train is only on a test.

Back