Drug Busts On SWC

Discussion in 'Amtrak Rail Discussion' started by Pastor_Mac, Aug 31, 2019.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Sep 12, 2019 #51

Barb Stout

B

Barb Stout

Service Attendant

I would hope if the train had not yet arrived, they would allow people to wait on the chairs for their passengers to arrive. My observations were post-train while I was waiting for my ride to arrive.

2. Sep 12, 2019 #52

SarahZ

SarahZ

SarahZ

Conductor

Oh. :) That makes sense. Thank you.

3. Sep 12, 2019 #53

zepherdude

zepherdude

zepherdude

OBS Chief

No worries, I do it all the time and I am an old fart of 70. Never been inspected, questioned or stopped. I do coach and sleeper. I mind my business and do as I want. As long as I get helped on and off the train I am happy. Years ago on the Cap Limited I met up with a grandma from Chicago South Side, a dude from UK, 2 gay bros from NYC going to Chicago and a young lady escaping and we drank and played gin into the wee morning. Never had a better train ride. Had my passport checked once on the Late Shore. Carry little cash and passport and no issues.

OldCond likes this.
  4. Sep 12, 2019 #54

chakk

c

chakk

Conductor

Haven't seen security checks at ABQ, but have seen agents board #5 at RNO and ride to TRU checking sundry passengers enroute, then detrain there with no one in tow. Presumably one of their compatriots drove over to retrieve them. Or perhaps they hung around TRU for lunch and rode #6 back to RNO.

5. Sep 12, 2019 #55

dogbert617

d

dogbert617

OBS Chief

That once happened, to all train #7/27 passengers in at least one car of the EB(if not more) in Grand Forks? Darnit, that stop is so early in the morning that IMO, you would wish they wouldn't do that there!

BTW relating to this topic, I remember seeing a cop and a drug dog walk the platform in Minot, during our stretch/smoke stop for the westbound #7/27. Couldn't tell if that cop and drug dog briefly entered the train to do a quick walk inside the train, or not. Wouldn't be surprised if they did, for all I know. And it was nice that my sleeper wasn't chosen, for where Amtrak Police did nosy interviews with certain individual sleeper passengers. I know I would've been disappointed but cooperate(as I wouldn't want my travel plans to be delayed further), if I had been chosen by Amtrak Police to do that. Knock on wood that never occurs to me, on any of my future Amtrak trips!

Willbridge likes this.
  6. Sep 13, 2019 #56

Willbridge

Willbridge

Willbridge

Service Attendant

Luckily I had previous experience with Communist and Fascist border controls in 1969-71, so that sets a high bar for nuisances. We haven't quite reached the level achieved by a Spanish border guard who pounced on my copy of the German Ausland Kursbuch because it was under some of my clothes when he searched my suitcase. He flipped through it and then tossed it back to me in disgust.