downgraded place settings?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at Amtrak.com to look at the menu, is what is online different than what is now offered? It looks the same to me as last year. What is different?

Bruce-SSR

I just looked at Amtrak.com to look at the menu, is what is online different than what is now offered? It looks the same to me as last year. What is different?

Bruce-SSR
no more breakfast special, no more entree salad or soup and salad for lunch, no more chef's special for dinner. if you're a kid for lunch and dinner you choose between mac and cheese and hot dog

Bruce-SSR
no more breakfast special, no more entree salad or soup and salad for lunch, no more chef's special for dinner. if you're a kid for lunch and dinner you choose between mac and cheese and hot dog
The Side Salad is still included with the Marketplace Special at Lunch, though now it is a crap shoot as to what that Special is.

For breakfast I get a cheese omelet with side order of bacon, lunch angus cheeseburger, dinner is steak and that still comes with salad.

I can still get those??

Bruce-SSR

I don't think that those plates are exactly flimsy. I've never almost cut through them. Perhaps you're being a bit overly aggressive towards your Amsteak? ;)
Well, I did exactly that. It was 30 years ago, on the Desert Wind. It was a styrofoam plate, at perhaps the nadir of Amtrak's dining service. Those plates could return, if the cuts continue. The more carelessly the Congress cuts Amtrak, the more carefully we must cut our steaks.

I don't think that those plates are exactly flimsy. I've never almost cut through them. Perhaps you're being a bit overly aggressive towards your Amsteak? ;)
Well, I did exactly that. It was 30 years ago, on the Desert Wind. It was a styrofoam plate, at perhaps the nadir of Amtrak's dining service. Those plates could return, if the cuts continue. The more carelessly the Congress cuts Amtrak, the more carefully we must cut our steaks.
The Bard lives on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back