Discounts but train is full?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Gingee

We just got a 20% discount coupon that needs to be booked by the end of August. You can also use your discount on top off that is you have AAA, AARP, veterans, etc. I did try to make a reservation the other day and they said the rooms on the train were booked (next June). That seems weird to me. Any input?

We are trying for the Empire. $3100 for three people from Chicago to Seattle? Leaving June 6th from Chicago and leaving around the l7th from Seattle.

Whomever told you that is full of hooey. I just checked on the amtrak site, and you can go on those dates in Coach for as low as $750 r/t for ALL THREE of you.

Whomever told you that is full of hooey. I just checked on the amtrak site, and you can go on those dates in Coach for as low as $750 r/t for ALL THREE of you.
But they want a bedroom of some type.

You are right. We want to be able to sleep reclining this time. We did the one to NYC last year in coach. That was a shorter time. I don't know about Chicago to Seattle in coach.

Back