Discount Code

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It worked fine for me. I tried trains 501(5) and 500(6). The full adult fare was $43 total ($23+20). The discounted fare was $32.25, which is 25% less than $43.

Were you using different trains?

On round trip, I calculated with 25 percent discounts for total amount of fare. It doesn't subtracted with 25%. I looked over carefully and found out that the leg on TAC-PDX is full fare while PDX-TAC is discount fare. It seems that the promotion code was only calculated on PDX-TAC leg only, not TAC-PDX.

Well, that wasn't my experience, which is why I'm wondering specifically which trains (and which dates for those trains) you tried. If it really looks like a flaw in the system, I'll pass it onto a contact of mine that works at Amtrak dealing with this sort of stuff.

Found out that this promotion is not valid for business class. There's no fine print on reservation website or other website that provided us a promotion code. Thinking that it's an error, I called reservation agent about it. She told me that it's not valid for business class. Bummer!

On the good side, I've booked roundtrip from Tacoma to Portland on Cascades. It'll be in coach class. Again, I even asked reservation agent about upgrading a discount coach fare to business class with the conductor. Again, she said no. Maybe I'll ask the conductor about it to see if it's a loophole.

gswager said:
Found out that this promotion is not valid for business class. There's no fine print on reservation website or other website that provided us a promotion code.
I took this from the fine print on the link you provided:

This offer is valid for travel in coach only on the Cascades trains and associated Thruways, except the 7000-8999 series Thruways for travel to Portland, Oregon.

rmadisonwi said:
gswager said:
Found out that this promotion is not valid for business class.  There's no fine print on reservation website or other website that provided us a promotion code.
I took this from the fine print on the link you provided:

This offer is valid for travel in coach only on the Cascades trains and associated Thruways, except the 7000-8999 series Thruways for travel to Portland, Oregon.
Time to get a reading glasses... :lol:

Back