Dinner on the Chief?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraneMan

Conductor
My partner and I will be getting on the SWC end of March, traveling from LAX to CHI.

Being that that train is leaving after 6, are they serving dinner in the dinning car?

My partner and I will be getting on the SWC end of March, traveling from LAX to CHI.

Being that that train is leaving after 6, are they serving dinner in the dinning car?
Yes, there is a Limited Menu out of LAX, usually three choices! Say beef, fish and some kind of veggie pasta dish! Regular menu starts @ Breakfast the next morning!

Ok, thanks! We may just get a bigger lunch just in case we don't like what they offer on the limited menu.

Don't forget Philippe is just up the street and Olivera Street has a couple of really good Mexican joints too!

If you want to spend more Traxx in Union Station is excellent!!!

Ok, thanks! We may just get a bigger lunch just in case we don't like what they offer on the limited menu.
Eat at Traxx in the station. They have the bar on one side that serves limited menu and the full restaurant on the the other side. I actually eat at Traxx when I'm going through union station. Since your getting some dinner on the train, I say go to the bar and order from the bar menu and couple drinks. Also, at the lounge, they put out the giant cookies in the evenings so grab one or two for the train!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eat at Traxx in the station. They have the bar on one side that serves limited menu and the full restaurant on the the other side. I actually eat at Traxx when I'm going through union station. Since your getting some dinner on the train, I say go to the bar and order from the bar menu and couple drinks. Also, at the lounge, they put out the giant cookies in the evenings so grab one or two for the train!
Thanks!

From my experience with Express Menus, only the selection size is limited (maybe to 3 as mentioned earlier) but nothing changes on portion size. But as insurance I'd grab a Beef Double Dip with Cheese from Philippe a few hours earlier :) Or if you have already had your fill of Philippe and like Mexican food, Cielito Lindo on the very north end of Olvera Street has some outstanding Taquitos which you can get to go.

Thumbs up to Phillipe's. Plus they have some train memorabilia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back