Dinner hours on SW Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

travelchick45

Train Attendant
We will be boarding the SW Chief from FMD at 6:42 pm if it is on time. Is this early enough for a dinner reservation in the dinning car? We have roomettes.

We will be boarding the SW Chief from FMD at 6:42 pm if it is on time. Is this early enough for a dinner reservation in the dinning car? We have roomettes.
Your SCA (sleeping car attendant) should have a reservation for you upon boarding. Last time I rode the Chief I had dinner at 8:00pm. How far are you going?

We are going to Abq so we will also be on the train for breakfast and lunch the next day.

Dinner usually starts around 5:30 and the reservations are usually made around 3 or 4. As said, your SCA should have made a reservation for you. If they don't tell you about it when they help you after you board, ask him or her.

Yes they'll have your dinner time set for you. Hope you have a great trip and love it like we do here. The SWC is my favorite route and I take it quite often. If you're awake when you get to Kansas City you might go upstairs and check the station out as it is restored and quite beautiful. I always go take a look as the train is stopped for at least a half hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back