Dining Car Service Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LSV

I was browsing some long-distance train timetables and noticed that some LD trains--the California Zephyr and the City of New Orleans, for instance--promise "Full Meal Service." I didn't pay any particular notice until I saw that the Southwest Chief and the Sunset Limited, for example, both promise "Complete Meals" instead. Is there any actual difference between the two? That is, are these different names--Full Meal Service and Complete Meals--meant to describe two actual levels of service? Or are these names merely evidence that Amtrak's copy editors should hold a meeting?

The timetable contains at lot of language which might be taken as a change is planned.

However only "The City of New Orleans" has a funky dinner. "The Southwest Chief", "The Sunset Limited", and "The California Zephyr" all have a full dinner car experience. Which is not much anymore. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
" funky dinner"
:lol: Yep, it's right there in the CONO timetable, :lol:
CONO operates a CCC car exactly how the full diners are operated on other trains. Only different is the layout of the car. That's like the difference between a heritage diner with or without a Tirimosa rebuild... They are both heritage diners with full kitchens, they just look different design wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back