Diner/Lounge Update?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtabern

Conductor
I was curious if anyone heard any new information about the combined diner/lounge.

When I was in Beech Grove in Nov.'06 I was able to snap some pictures... and I rode it in Dec.'06 when it was on the Capitol. (the pictures and a blog/review of it are on my website... www.rtabern.com and click on travels).

ANYHOW, I heard rumors and grumblings that the 'experimental run' on 29/30 didn't go so well... that 37000 car isn't being used anymore... and that production on this idea might be haulted. I know when I was in Beech Grove last fall, they were planning to convert 12 more diners into these combined diner/lounge cars by the end of 2007.

Anyone have more info on this? Has the plan been put on hold... or is it still going forward?

I was wondering the same as I took a trip in January to experience #37000. I haven't seen it on trainorders Sand Patch cam recently. Also, I've read the Trains magazine article, and it sheds little on the current assignment of 37000. Does anyone know where it is and what the plans are for the Diner Lounge concept?

Photos of 37000.

David Z

Chicago, IL

B) AMTK 37000 has arrived in DC on 2-22. Was the rear car on p030-21.

37000 is sitting behind s&i building in ivy city(dc) as of 200pm yesterday(2/24).

Depends on what CNOC has for cars!

They have been used as lounges behind the diner and used by themselves! B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back