Dimensions of SWC roomette?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're two adults, Amtrak says the roomette is still Ok and I can see where they're coming from, but I've always preferred to book two separate roomettes wherever I could.
My wife and I have traveled in a roomette and it was fine. It just depends on what your relationship as "two adults" is - it's going to be a different experience for a married couple than it would be for a couple of friends. Your legs are going to touch a lot, at the very least. But if you don't mind that because of who you're with, there's actually plenty of room to stretch out in any direction. It's comparable to two business class airplane seats facing each other, but with walls and a door for full privacy.

We've got a trip coming up and we booked a full bedroom this time, but mostly for the full private bathroom that's all our own. The passenger space of the roomette itself was fine for us; it's just that it's not big enough for a full set of facilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Accommodation_C&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241210576173

attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 10.07.19 PM.png
just wondering about the photo in that screenshot.

Isn't Amtrak supposed to be discouraging shoes on seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back