Devils Lake, ND appreciates AMTRAK.....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that you can get a 20% off sleeper through their own travel agent, who then charges you a $30 fee... And their Perch Express logo still uses F40's. LOL

Interesting that you can get a 20% off sleeper through their own travel agent, who then charges you a $30 fee... And their Perch Express logo still uses F40's. LOL
True.....but I still find it a good thing that they advertise and promote AMTRAK in their efforts to attract clients.... :)

Indeed! Amtrak is a real resource, and getting there can certainly be half the fun!
I definitely agree! Traveling through North Dakota on the train is always fun.

A Montanan who enjoys trail travel.

Devils Lake probably didn't appreciate Amtrak too much this morning since 7(23) was routed via New Rockford,

skipping DVL entirely.

I don't think they appreciate them as much as they used to. Can't find the link, but just recently read they were considering dropping the train packages due to the poor reliability of the EB. Will post it if I can find it again. They were pretty critical...

I don't think they appreciate them as much as they used to. Can't find the link, but just recently read they were considering dropping the train packages due to the poor reliability of the EB. Will post it if I can find it again. They were pretty critical...
I thought this was the same company that wrote a scathing review of Amtrak recently, listing numbers of their clients that had missed a whole day or more from their trip, and stating that they were going to have to explore other transportation options that were more reliable in the future.

I thought this was the same company that wrote a scathing review of Amtrak recently, listing numbers of their clients that had missed a whole day or more from their trip, and stating that they were going to have to explore other transportation options that were more reliable in the future.
That's correct.

A Montanan who enjoys trail travel.

They must have just been blowing off steam.....their web site sure makes it sound like they support Amtrak....
Websites can take months to update at small companies. I think the critical messages were contained in a newsletter. I know if I was

selling train package for big $$$ clientele, I'd be pretty upset at the EB's performance too. At this rate they may as well fly 'em into

Grand Forks and pick them up in a shuttle van.

With other ground and air transportation on the high line so problematic, especially in winter, it points to why amtrak is so important to the communities of North Dakota and Montana.

A Montanan who enjoys train travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back