Day trip: CHI to Milwaukee - question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I'm planning a day trip to Milwaukee from Chicago to go see a weekday Milwaukee Brewer's baseball game. Hiawatha(sp) service looks to be very convenient. My question is: how is the Milwaukee amtrak station and does it have cabs ect that can get me to Miller park? Any info will help. Thank you.

The station is nice, and I seem to recall there usually being a few taxis sitting out front awaiting the train's arrival.

There is also transit service to Miller Park (MCTS route 90) three blocks north on Wisconsin Avenue.

I have taken Amtrak to Milwaukee and the bus 90 to Miller Park drops you off 100 yards from ballpark.

I drove to a game this year ----- never never again. Traffic is a mess all around Milwaukee and getting out of the Miller park lot is like watching paint dry. Two hours to get out and on to the interstate for a night game and day game.

Take the bus as it has a special entrance/exit to Miller park. Check Brwers web site for more info on transit.

For public transportation, the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) using Route 90 from Wisconsin Avenue downtown. For more information, please call the Bus Line at (414) 344-6711 or visit www.ridemcts.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back