CZ Train Truck Collision In Nevada (2011)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One report says the fourth car was hit. That would usually mean a sleeping car. Baggage-Transleeper-Sleeper-Sleeper

Also reported one person on the train has died.

Looks like a nice clear day. Wonder if the truck driver had an medical condition (heart attack, seizure, ??) . Can't imagine s/he not seeing the train and not stopping in time (to have hit the 4th car).

According to Postings on trainorders it's #5 that was hit, 75 Miles East of Reno! SAC TV is supposed to be Showing Video. Per trainorders the TransDorm is on Fire,therevenue Sleeper behind it is Heavily Damaged and Fatalities are Suspected??!! :eek:

Emergency Crews are on the Scene and a Spokesperson for Amtrak Confirms that Train #5 was Hit by a Truck and is Currently in a Service Disruption!! :(

All of our Toughts and Prayers Should Go out to the Crew,Pax& Even the Driver of the Vehicle that Hit the Train!(times like this we don't need Evolutionary remarks,people are injured/dead etc.)Hope Fatalities&Injuries are Minor and the Crew and Passengers will Get to their Destination Safely and Eventually!! :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
One report says the fourth car was hit. That would usually mean a sleeping car. Baggage-Transleeper-Sleeper-Sleeper

Also reported one person on the train has died.
I thought that the CZ is currently running with regular sleepers on the rear?

:eek: Reports now of at least Two dead/Injuries! I agree, the Gash appears to be in a Coach, if the Revenue Sleepers are on the back Perhaps only the TransDorm and A Coach are Heavily Damaged??? If the Driver is Confirmed as Being DOA then any further Deaths/Injuries would be from the Train!! Let's Hope Not! :(

Also, some Reports say that the Train Hit the Truck!!!!, as has been Discussed before, Do these So Called "Reporters" get any Education now-a-days?? :rolleyes: (I know Several of Our Members are Trained Media Reps!!) :help: :help: :help:

Reno Fire Batallion Chief Tim Spencer said there were between three to four fatalities and unknown injuries at the scene.

262392_10150220843043043_57221253042_7387053_4013396_n.jpg
261405_10150220839818043_57221253042_7387032_2556351_n.jpg

Looks like they need some more fire extinguishers on these trains.

Have any upcoming purchases been designed with any sort of automated extinguisher technology?

just terrible. Prayers for all those injured and families of those killed.

I’m listening to live coverage, and a reporter on the scene says the crossing arms are down and undamaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back