CZ Refurbished Sleepers?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainflyer

Train Attendant
Does the Zephyr have refurbished sleepers yet? If there is a mix of refurbished and unrefurbished sleepers, any advice on which car in the consist usually has the refurbished sleepers?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard that the CZ has been seeing the refurbed sleepers, but as I told someone just the other day in relation to the Capitol Limited, there is no way to predict when a refurb might show up.

No one knows for sure, not even Amtrak Conoc usually knows more than a day in advance what cars will be on what train, much less where they will be within the consist.

There are simply far too many variables and too few refurbished sleepers to count on getting one. Unless you ride the Empire Builder, which only has the refurbs assigned to it.

When I first encountered the conductor a week before I took my first rail trip on the CZ, the sleeper he showed me was pristine and clean and gleaming. The next week when we boarded it was well worn. He told me that the sleeper we saw the week before was refurbished. We did have a refurbished one going to Glenwood Springs on Memorial Day weekend. You can tell the difference. If you get an unrefurbished one, its tolerable. Nothing bad, just not as fancy or "up to date". In the old unrefurbished sleeper, it was wierd blowing the candles out after we had got done reading and sliding the windows shut! (I'm kidding!) :lol:

No they do have some Superliner 2 Refburished, but not at the same scale as the Superliner 1's. Like the 2's kept the same Shower Door and the 1's didn't.
Sorry, but no that's not correct. There are no official Superliner II refurbs out there. You may find a couple of II's that look like they were refurbished, but those were wreck repairs, not actual refurbished cars. There will be no program to refurbish the II's, at least until all the I's are done.

All "official" refurbs are Superliner I's. Within the Superliner I refurb program, there are two versions of refurbishment. One includes the new bathrooms/shower units, the other does not.

Last edited by a moderator:
The CZ does have refurbished sleepers from time to time, when i was on they had a few from the EB that somehow they got. The train staff didnt know why.

Are we talking about refurbished sleepers, or remanufactured ones?

There is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back