CS to EB no longer bookable after April 1

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know a good hotel that's inexpensive and close to PDX Union Station??
I think you ought to assume an overnight in PDX. Which is not a hardship, because there are lots of things to do there. As to hotels, there are lots of downtown options that you can get to only a couple of stops away on the MAX yellow or green line. And you can often find less expensive alternatives just across the river in the Convention Center/Lloyd Center area if there are no events going on. I've stayed in the Courtyard Marriott at the Convention Center. It's easy to get to on the MAX green line, and is generally quite reasonable.

I don't think it's safe to assume anything with Amtrak and the EB right now.

Last week (after the new temporary EB schedule was made public) I booked a #14>#28 trip in July and had to infrom the AGR agent about the PDX broken connection. I got one of those "Oh-you-know-what,-you're right!" reactions. She booked me on the next day's 28 on the same reward.

I don't know if onyone knows what the schedule is going to be after May 31. They are booking the PDX a day apart. on the premise that the new "temporary" schedule will be extended. I actually like the idea of the overnight in Portland, but I can see it can really screw up the plans for those already holding reservations.

As a side note, my e-ticket arrived showing the OLD departure time of 4:45 instead of 1:45. :huh: I'll just keep in touch with AGR to confirm departure times as I get closer to July.

As for the hotels, I also have found that hotels out of the immediate downtown area are more reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back